Super Easy No-Churn 3-Ingredient Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
I just recently learned that ice cream is super easy to make. No churning, no ice cream maker, just three ingredients! For an ice cream lover like me, I was beyond excited. So I decided to make a classic vanilla bean ice cream and the end result was creamy, smooth and not at all icy! The trick to making the perfect vanilla ice cream is using vanilla bean paste. If you want that real vanilla taste, it’s important to use high-quality vanilla, preferably the paste. I use Tahitian Gold Vanilla Bean Paste and it does wonders!
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the condensed milk and vanilla bean paste. If you can’t find any paste, vanilla beans are the next best option. Slice 2 vanilla beans down the middle. Using the back of a knife, scrape out all the goodies and add to the condensed milk.
- Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks. If using an electric mixer, this will take about 3 minutes. If using a hand mixer, or beating by hand using a whisk, it will take several minutes longer.
- Pour the condensed milk mixture over the whipped cream and gently mix until combined. Make sure not to not overmix and deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit exactly over the top of the pan, touching the ice cream mixture. This will prevent any ice crystals from forming.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 7 hours, preferably overnight.