I’m all about easy recipes that taste and look like they’re difficult and this one is definitely one of those. There’s just 3 ingredients: watermelon, pineapple, and salt! I use a vanilla salt which adds a unique flavor and brings out the sweetness of the watermelon and pineapple.
The Vanilla Fleur De Sel is the perfect touch!
- 1 small watermelon, preferably seedless (Although, I used a watermelon with seeds and it was fine)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 tsp salt (I like to use vanilla salt)
- Cut watermelon up into small cubes. (save the halves for serving the sorbet!)
- Place on a baking sheet and freeze for about 2 hours, until frozen.
- Once watermelon pieces are frozen, add the pineapple and about one cup of the watermelon to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, then add another cup of watermelon.
- Repeat this process until you have blended all the watermelon.
- Add the salt and blend until combined.
- Serve it up in the pineapple or watermelon halves! (You can also store in a loaf pan and freeze for later.)