Peanut Butter + Jelly Cups
If you’re a peanut butter and jelly lover, you’re in for a real treat! I was never a huge fan of pb + j sandwiches, but when there’s chocolate instead of bread… count me in. These cupcake-sized peanut butter and jelly cups are the perfect treat. To be honest, whenever I make them, I eat them for breakfast because they’re filling and because I can’t help myself.
Makes 9 pb + j cups
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Line a muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners
- Melt the chocolate and 2 tbsp of the coconut oil in heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate into the cupcake liners.
- Place the pan in the freezer.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix until creamy and pourable. Add more coconut oil if necessary.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and distribute the peanut butter evenly over the chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the peanut butter to slightly harden.
- Once the peanut butter is slightly hardened, spread the strawberry preserves equally over the peanut butter.
- Finally, pour the remaining chocolate over the top of the preserves.
- Place in freezer and freeze for at least 20 minutes, until set. Remove from freezer a couple minutes before serving so the chocolate softens a bit.