Veggie Spring Rolls + Peanut Sauce
These healthy spring rolls are my new favorite snack! Once you get the hang of working with the rice paper, they’re super easy. You can fill them with whatever you’d like, but avo is a must. The creamy, sweet and spicy peanut sauce is also a must.
For the peanut sauce:
Makes enough for about 5-8 spring rolls.
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/3 tsp honey
For the spring rolls:
- Veggies of your choice: I used cucumber, carrots, avocado, purple cabbage, butter lettuce.
- Rice paper
- Sesame seeds or furikake seasoning
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce.
- Mix until creamy. Optional: Top with chopped peanuts and red pepper flakes.
- Slice all of the veggies so they’re ready to be wrapped.
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water.
- Take one piece of rice paper at a time and dip it in the warm water for about 10 seconds, until soft.
- Place the rice paper on your work surface and arrange a few pieces of each vegetable in the middle.
- Fold the sides of the rice paper over the veggies, then begin rolling.
- Repeat with the rest of your spring rolls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or furikake seasoning and serve with the peanut sauce.