Iced Coconut Matcha Tea Latte
I’m currently obsessed with matcha green tea powder. It’s good for you, packed with antioxidants, but it’s also yummy… and I mean… just look how pretty it is. Matcha alone tastes a bit too “green” for my liking, think seaweed and dirt, but once you add sweetener such as agave, it’s delicious. The final touch is coconut. Coconut cream whisked together with coconut milk creates a creamy and frothy consistency that pairs perfectly with the matcha.
- Optional: Coconut milk ice cubes. Fill ice trays with coconut milk and freeze
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp agave, or sweetener of choice.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk half of the coconut milk with the coconut cream until smooth and creamy. It will be a bit frothy and that’s okay.
- Pour the milk mixture in a large cup filled with coconut milk ice cubes. Set aside.
- In the bowl, whisk the matcha powder with the rest of the coconut milk until smooth and no chunks remain. If you find there are still clumps, strain it.
- Add the agave.
- Finally, add the matcha mixture to your cup and you’ve got yourself one beautiful iced matcha latte! Enjoy!