- 1 very ripe plantain (should be all black and mushy)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Peel the plantain and cut into 1 inch slices.
- Toss each slices in the flour mixture to coat, then using the palms of your hands, gently flatten into disks, about 1/4 inch thick. Keep coating in the flour mixture to prevent them from sticking to your hands.
- Once formed into disks, coat them again the flour mixture.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil (coconut or vegetable) in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the slices in the oil and fry for a couple minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Once they are all golden brown, transfer to a drying rack, or paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
- Let slightly cool and then enjoy!
- Optional: Dust with cinnamon sugar before serving.