Jumbo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins with a Brown Sugar Glaze
These are the ultimate pumpkin muffins! If you like your muffins moist and gooey then these are for you. The Brown Sugar Glaze adds some extra sweetness and a delicious texture. What a better way to celebrate fall with these tasty pumpkin muffins!
Makes 6 jumbo muffins, or 12 regular muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or line a jumbo 6 cup muffin pan with coconut oil. (You can also use a 12 cup muffin pan, but baking times will vary).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, sugars, oil and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. (If using a 12 cup muffin pan, bake for about 15 minutes).
- Begin making the glaze while the muffins are cooling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the sugars and mix for a couple minutes until melted.
- Lastly, mix in the half and half.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. (Don’t let sit for too long or else the glaze will harden).
- Using a spoon, spread a thin layer of glaze over the top of each muffin.