Chewy No-Bake Chocolate Chip Almond Granola Bars with a Peanut Butter Drizzle
These chewy granola bars are so easy and delicious. They’re the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert! You can add pretty much anything but I like to keep it simple with chocolate chips and almonds.
Makes 9 granola bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup slices almonds
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- peanut butter for drizzle
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter with the honey and brown sugar, stirring frequently until the sugar has completely dissolved and mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla, oats, salt and sliced almonds and mix until combined.
- Let the mixture cool (about 30 minutes) then add the chocolate chips. If you would like the chocolate chips to melt into the granola mixture a little bit, add them while the mixture is still warm (but not hot). Be carful when mixing because they can melt completely and you could end up with chocolate granola bars….which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s better to have chocolate chunks.
- Line a 8 x 8 in pan with parchment paper, plastic wrap or coconut oil.
- Add the mixture to the pan, pressing down with your hands to flatten.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once firm, remove from pan and cut into 9 bars.
- Prepare the peanut butter drizzle by adding some peanut butter to a ziplock bag and cutting a tiny bit off of one of the bottom corners, mimicking a pastry bag. If your peanut butter is very firm, add a little bit of melted coconut oil.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over the bars and enjoy! Store remaining bars in fridge.